E-mail Online Discussions
Currently, some 400 Executive Directors participate in on-line discussions with colleagues on a wide variety of timely and significant subjects each week, as subscribers to ExecNet, NAASE’s listserve. Open to all members of the North American Association of Synagogue Executives, the discussions continue throughout the year.
There is an evolving body of well-developed on-line resources easily accessible through the Internet that may be of specific interest to synagogue executives. A small sampling of them appear below. We invite you to suggest additional addresses for possible inclusion in this listing, that have been especially useful to you.
General Jewish Interest
- The Leadership Council of Conservative Judaism (LCCJ) – The coordinating council of the major organizational arms of the international Conservative / Masorti Movement.
- United Synagogue Of Conservative Judaism – The “umbrella” group of the Conservative synagogues and Solomon Schechter Day Schools throughout North America and Israel.
- Jewish Theological Seminary – The institute of higher learning for the entire Conservative Movement.
- MERCAZ USA and MERCAZ Canada – The Zionist organization of the Conservative Movement, and the voice of Conservative Jewry speaking to Zionist organizations throughout the world, promoting support of religious pluralism in Israel and in the Diaspora.
- Masorti Olami – The World Council of Conservative/Masorti Synagogues in Israel.
- American Jewish University – Comprehensive though small liberal arts undergraduate program with a student body expected to grow to 400. Formerly the University of Judaism and the Brandeis-Bardin Institute. Has a special “connection” to the Conservative Movement and the professional organizations.
- Shefa Network – A website and listserv for on-going conversation and resource-sharing among Conservative Jews
- Synagogue 3000 – Resources for the goals of spiritually transforming the synagogue structure and culture (Dr. Ron Wolfson and Dr. Larry Hoffman).
- Association of Fund Raising Professionals – The professional association for individuals responsible for generating philanthropic support for not-for-propfit, charitable organizations. Boasts of 20,000 members in 154 chapters.
- eJewish Philanthropy – A variety of articles and editorials spanning the world of Jewish non-profit communal agencies and issues.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy – A newspaper serving the non-profit management world. Very comprehensive on-line resources as well as a newspaper service.
- NATA – The National Association of Temple Administrators.
- NACBA – The National Association of Church Business Administrators.
- Non Profit Times – Claims to be the leading business publication for non-profit management. Magazine and on-line resources.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Helpful labor information including CPI updates.